Tuesday 21 December 2021

gingerbread houses

 Today olly Archie and I made gingerbread houses. We made them by going to the shop and buying some biscuits and some lollies. we went home and made some icing out of egg whites pure icing sugar, and a drop of lemon. now get your biscuits and pipe some icing on them but don't use all the icing. put your lollies on put not too many lollies on it. put your biscuits together and put your icing on the connections.

have you made gingerbread houses before? do you want to make gingerbread houses?

 



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Zack

    It is me Quein again, a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Thank you for sharing your mahi!!! I really enjoyed that you shared the ingredients you needed to make a gingerbread house. It is Awesome that you got to create it with your friends and family. It looks like a lot of fun.

    Yes I have made a gingerbread house with my little brother, it is a lot of fun. Do you have any tips for anyone who would like to give it a go?

    Keep up the Super work and I hope you have a Super Summer!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gingerbread houses look very apetitising Zack. The icing looks like snow. What did they taste like? Very sweet I would imagine. I remember making gingerbread houses for Christmas with my children. We used to bake our own slabs of gingerbread so we could make really big houses. It was a lots of fun. I bet using premaded biscuits was a bit easier. We had to wait for the gingerbread to cool down after we had cooked it before we could use it. Sometimes the gingerbread was too soft and would crumble. Your gingerbread houses look too good to eat.

    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.